We want to switch things up a little bit for our blog section over here at Moxie so we’ve collaborated with a few ladies for our series of “9 questions with“. Think of this as a fun “get to know me” series with influencers and creators from industries such as fashion, fitness, business, arts and wellness.
First up—Aimee Middendorp. Aimee is a talented singer and also works at the Aruba Tourism Authority in P.R & Communications. We’re highlighting Aimee in the industries of arts and business–which in her case is music.
Get to know Aimee a little bit more below!
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Passionate, Caring, Chaotic
- What are the 3 things you can’t live without
Family, Singing, Traveling, Gym
- If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be?
- What is one thing people don’t know about you?
I’m an introvert
- How old were you when you first discovered your passion?
I discovered my passion at the age of 6 when my father encouraged my sister and I to enter the dance and music scene. At a later stage in life I discovered my passion for Tourism and Aruba.
- Name one of your most special achievements career-wise so far, your big “hoorah” moment?
After struggling to decide which career I wanted to pursue, and going through so many hurdles between countries to finish my studies, in 2017 I finally finished and obtained my Bachelor of Science Degree in International Tourism Management, and immediately landed a job at the Aruba Tourism Authority as Destination Development Assistant and now a Jr. PR & Communications Specialist.
- Do you ever get “stage-fright”?
I do, sadly this happens mostly when in front of an Aruban crowd. We are known for being very judgemental, and that, sometimes, frightens me.
- One advice you would give to your 15-year-old-self
Stop doubting yourself so much, you will do great things in life.
- Favorite inspirational quote
Don’t devalue or hurt anyone in this life, you may be powerful today, but time is more powerful than you.