Today’s collaborator is Francis Rodriguez who is best known as “SFX Aruba” for her amazingly creative special effects makeup. She is highlighting the arts industry and today you will get to know her a little bit more!
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Creative, spontaneous and proactive.
- What are the 3 things you can’t live without
Family, sweet treats and music
- If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be?
A celebrity: Jlo or
A brand: everything from Moxie
4. What is one thing people don’t know about you?
I can voice over the whole Disney movie: The Beauty and the Beast movie ( Spanish version from 1991), except for some French words.
- How old were you when you first discovered your passion?
I started dancing when I was 4 years old, but it was until I turned 13 when I realized, I wanted to become a professional dancer. However, due to a medical condition, I was pushed to look into another direction.
My next epiphany moment happened while studying at The University of Aruba (26 years old) when I remembered I used to play: “the producer/ director” organizing Miss Venezuela and talent shows for my family to enjoy. I realized then, that I wanted to combine art, entrepreneurship, and marketing for my profession.
- Name one of your most special achievements career-wise so far, your big “hoorah” moment?
I have had a lot of “oh yeah baby” moments but my big “hoorah” is yet to come. At the moment I am working on my thesis which I believe will give me that BIG “HOORAH” moment.
- Your must-have business tool/essential
- One advice you would give to your 15-year-old-self?
Your friends in Venezuela will be professionals by the time you finish MAVO, for you, it will take a bit longer, but you will be ok! Use this time to your advantage, discover your strengths, your virtues, work on weaknesses and prepare yourself to become what you used to play when you were a little girl.
- Favorite inspirational quote
“Whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it’s because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It’s your mission on earth.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist